Your roof is a vital part of your house, and you want to ensure that you take the best care of it so that it lasts as long as possible. You may know that you should be getting your roof inspected bi-annually, but don’t know how to choose the right roofing company for the inspection or for any other work. It can be difficult to decide on a roofer when there are so many options. And, with many of the options seeming a bit questionable, you don’t want to make the wrong choice!
The Ins and Outs of Choosing a Roofing Company
We have broken down the top five things you should consider when choosing a roofing company so that you know what to look for:
- ReviewsHow can a homeowner identify a quality roofer? A quick online search can often help to split the good from the bad roofing companies by the testimonials and reviews. When you are browsing a roofing company, does their site include legitimate reviews from happy customers? Happy customers are an assurance that the roofer you are considering knows how to take care of their clients.
- Licensed, Insured and BondedA quality roofing company (and its technicians) will be licensed, bonded and insured. This protects you, the homeowner, and the company. If a technician hurts themselves on your property, the company needs to be insured so that you are not liable! Additionally, if you work with a company that is not licensed, you could see the consequences with your home insurance; your home insurance could cover your roof repair or replacement, but they will require you to hire a licensed company. Additionally, not working with a licensed roofing company can void your home insurance. So, if their work causes problems in the future, your insurance company can claim they are not liable to cover damage costs as you did not use a professional that was licensed.
- Experienced with Insurance CompaniesYou will want to choose a roofing company that has experience handling insurance cases. Insurance companies typically follow meticulous steps for the insurance claim and expect full documentation of the entire project. Ensure that you are working with a roofing company that not only has experience handling insurance claims, but are also willing to help you work with the insurance company to get the most for your claim.
- Payment OptionsIt may seem obvious, but you should always discuss your payment options with any roofing company that you are considering. A great roofing company will offer free roof inspections and upfront pricing and have you sign off on all costs before they start the project. Lastly, discuss if payment will be required entirely upfront before the project begins, or if there is an option for a payment plan. A great roofing company will work with you to stay within your budget if necessary. They will ask you what your budget is and bring you material recommendations that align with what you’ve indicated.
- WarrantyLastly, ask what kind of warranties the roofing company offers. Make sure to discuss the warranties of the materials used for your roof project so you know what to expect after the job is completed.
Roofing Contractor: Old Line Roofing and Solar
Old Line Roofing and Solar is the best roofing company in Baltimore because we have 30 years of experience, offer free quotes, have tons of testimonials and good reviews, are licensed, bonded, and insured, and more. Established in 2012 by the O’Toole father and son team, the team at Old Line brings a combined 60+ years of construction experience to your project. At Old Line Roofing and Solar, customer satisfaction is the first priority. All work is completed by certified and licensed technicians.
Contact us today for a free quote!